THE 4TH WORKSHOP ON SHIPS AND OFFSHORE STRUCTURES
Workshop on Ships and Offshore Structures invite you to WSOS 2019 which will take place in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 23-26 January 2019. This year workshop is co-organised by EKMOA (Europe-Korea Marine and Ocean Engineers Association) and Newcastle University.
The workshop has become part of the broader programme, the UK-Korea Joint Committee Meetings on Science & Technology Cooperation (JCM). The JCM has been a biennial event between UK and Korea governments since 1985.
Workshop scope: ocean, marine technology, marine environment, green shipping, ocean/offshore technology, naval defence, geo-technology, renewable energy, autonomous and smart ship, rules and regulations, risk, safety and reliability.
WSOS 2019 aims to:
- review current state-of-the-art technology and discuss on future development.
- discuss collaboration of research, development and innovation with researchers, engineers, and policy makers from Korea and UK/Europe.
- encourage mutual understandings and cultivate friendship between Korea and UK/Europe.
- exchange views on “Korea-UK Dual Degree Programme”.
- 1st announcement: 5 October 2018
- Abstract submission: 30 November 2018
- Abstract acceptance: 10 December 2018
- Presentation submission: 10 January 2019
- Registration deadline: 10 January 2019 (standard fee: £250, students fee: £150)
Formal manuscripts are not required (oral presentations only). Please submit your abstract (250 to 400 words) and registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of WSOS 2019 Steering Committee and Technical Programme Committee, we would like to thank you in advance for your interest in the workshop. Also please feel free to share this information with anyone who may be interested.
Look forward to seeing you in Newcastle upon Tyne, January 2019.
Technical Programme Committee
WSOS 2019 Newcastle